sweet sixteen
I have had the chance to do a little more work on sweet sixteen. I cut the f-holes and mounted a fishman humbucker, and started the tuning machine pocket. I am still in the Sedona vicinity

I have had the chance to do a little more work on sweet sixteen. I cut the f-holes and mounted a fishman humbucker, and started the tuning machine pocket. I am still in the Sedona vicinity

7/6/14 - sweet sixteen - The glued in top lining strips are dry. And here are the back lining strips glued in, waiting for the glue to dry.

7/6/14 - sweet sixteen - The glued in top lining strips are dry. And here are the back lining strips glued in, waiting for the glue to dry.

7/3/14 - sweet sixteen sides are staying flat better now, after drying from the second bending session.

7/3/14 - sweet sixteen sides are staying flat better now, after drying from the second bending session.

7/3/14 - sweet sixteen - Now I just need to bend the lining strips a little more.

7/3/14 - sweet sixteen - Now I just need to bend the lining strips a little more.

7/2/14 - Sweet Sixteen - Here is a neck block spacer being glued on.

7/2/14 - Sweet Sixteen - Here is a neck block spacer being glued on.

7/2/14 - Sweet Sixteen - Here are the sides after a re-bend to get rid of some twist from the first bend session.

7/2/14 - Sweet Sixteen - Here are the sides after a re-bend to get rid of some twist from the first bend session.

7/2/14 - Sweet Sixteen - Here are a pair of lining strips after the first bend, clipped to an 1/8 inch steel wire form. They are also helping weigh down the side to help them dry straight.

7/2/14 - Sweet Sixteen - Here are a pair of lining strips after the first bend, clipped to an 1/8 inch steel wire form. They are also helping weigh down the side to help them dry straight.

7/1/14 - sweet sixteen - The sides are one day dry from the initial bending session. I was surprised, from the high amount of figuring,  I was expecting more trouble from them. The bending battle is not over, though. There are still plenty of chances for trouble with the final bending of the sides, bending the lining strips, and final assembly, yet to come.

7/1/14 - sweet sixteen - The sides are one day dry from the initial bending session. I was surprised, from the high amount of figuring, I was expecting more trouble from them. The bending battle is not over, though. There are still plenty of chances for trouble with the final bending of the sides, bending the lining strips, and final assembly, yet to come.

6/30/14 - sweet sixteen - After the sun went down, I managed to bend the sides for #16. There will probably be some touch up needed after the sides dry out. A little fine tuning helps me hit my target body shape easier.

6/30/14 - sweet sixteen - After the sun went down, I managed to bend the sides for #16. There will probably be some touch up needed after the sides dry out. A little fine tuning helps me hit my target body shape easier.

6/30/14 - sweet sixteen - I scraped some extra glue off, and carved the braces today.

6/30/14 - sweet sixteen - I scraped some extra glue off, and carved the braces today.

6/29/14 - sweet sixteen - top braces still drying. It has been humid lately, but I will wait for a full dry before I do any more work on the assembly. I think I see carving the top braces in my near future...

6/29/14 - sweet sixteen - top braces still drying. It has been humid lately, but I will wait for a full dry before I do any more work on the assembly. I think I see carving the top braces in my near future...

6/28/14 - sweet sixteen - X braces and lower bout braces glued in.

6/28/14 - sweet sixteen - X braces and lower bout braces glued in.

6/27/14 - sweet sixteen - side glued and wrapped in hopes for less problems bending this highly figured side.

6/27/14 - sweet sixteen - side glued and wrapped in hopes for less problems bending this highly figured side.

6/27/14 - sweet sixteen - sides sawn to width. Notice the cracking/splitting because of the wavy grain. I will glue it with Titebond II and wrap it, and hope for the best on bending.

6/27/14 - sweet sixteen - sides sawn to width. Notice the cracking/splitting because of the wavy grain. I will glue it with Titebond II and wrap it, and hope for the best on bending.

6/27/14 - sweet sixteen - neck block spar glued in place

6/27/14 - sweet sixteen - neck block spar glued in place

6/25/14 sweet sixteen neck,top, and tail block glued up.

6/25/14 sweet sixteen neck,top, and tail block glued up.

6/24/14  sweet sixteen's neck blank with a 1/2 inch square steel truss tube epoxied in

6/24/14 sweet sixteen's neck blank with a 1/2 inch square steel truss tube epoxied in

6/23/14 - sweet sixteen neck, tail block, and semi finished top w/ template for both #14 and #16

6/23/14 - sweet sixteen neck, tail block, and semi finished top w/ template for both #14 and #16

6/22/14 - sweet 16 is just a top, neck blank, and tail block blank right now

6/22/14 - sweet 16 is just a top, neck blank, and tail block blank right now

The top getting glued, along with a tail block, and a couple necks.

The top getting glued, along with a tail block, and a couple necks.

Here is the Yellow Cedar top blank with the same template as #14 laying on top of it.

Here is the Yellow Cedar top blank with the same template as #14 laying on top of it.

The Alaskan Yellow Cedar top and what will be the Walnut sides. The Walnut has some interesting grain, but it could be a challenge to bend.

The Alaskan Yellow Cedar top and what will be the Walnut sides. The Walnut has some interesting grain, but it could be a challenge to bend.

Just a few chunks of wood, right now.

Just a few chunks of wood, right now.